COVID-19 Guidance: What You Need to Know
We’re thrilled that our golf course and clubhouse are once again open to members and visitors. We very much look forward to welcoming you here.
But please be advised that we are continuing to adhere to the government’s COVID-19 guidelines.
On the Course
- If possible, change your shoes in the car park.
- Access to the toilet is limited. Please use the hand sanitiser station when entering and leaving.
- The gents’ and ladies’ locker rooms are open, but capacity is limited.
- Adhere to the two-metre social distance measure at all times.
- Do not touch or remove the flagsticks.
- Retrieve your own golf ball from the raised depth of hole without touching the cup or flagstick.
- Refrain from picking up a partner’s ball or any balls found, unless the format of play requires it.
- Aim to complete your round in no more than four hours.
- The pro shop is open for retail services, but face coverings are required for entry.
- Do not come to the club if you are feeling unwell or if you think there is the slightest chance you may have been in contact with a carrier of the virus.
- Call or email the club at the earliest opportunity if you encounter any post-round health issues.
In the Clubhouse
- The wearing of a face covering is mandatory upon entering the clubhouse. It should remain on at all times when moving around within the building. The only exception is when seated at a table in the bar or dining room.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided at the entrance and exit when entering and leaving the clubhouse.
- Capacity in the clubhouse is limited to meet the one metre plus social distancing stipulation. Most of the tables can sit up to four people with the odd table of two. Groups of up to six people or two households of any size are allowed inside.
- Please only enter the bar if you intend to order food or drink. Seats should not be taken up for sitting talking with a friend.
- When entering the bar please try to occupy any empty seat there before continuing on to the dining room. This will make it easier for the staff to monitor who needs to be served.
- Tables and chairs will be cleaned after each use, so please do not sit down if a member of the staff is still cleaning them.
- Please do not move any tables or chairs.
- There is table service only. Please do not stand at the bar.
- For track and trace purposes, you have two options when getting food and/or drink: 1) scan the NHS QR code that is displayed on the noticeboard in the hallway or provided by a member of the staff; or 2) provide your name to the member of the staff who is taking your order.
- If there are no seats available inside, then please wait outside the main entrance. But as you do, remember to social distance and do not block the entrance for those who need access to the toilets.
- Alternatively, you can choose to sit outside at one of the picnic tables. Designate one person to enter the bar to let the staff know that you would like to place a food or drink order.
- Please avoid paying by cash if at all possible. If you are a member, the best option is to use your membership card which includes a 10% discount.
- All cutlery and condiments have been removed and will be supplied to each table as required.
- You can use the self-serve coffee machine, but please use the hand sanitiser next to it before each use.
- Doors will be kept open as much as possible to maximise airflow and minimise the need for door handles to be touched.
- There is a one-way system in place. Enter via the main door by the car park and exit via the dining room.
- If you have any health issues, or think you may have COVID-19 symptoms, then please do not come to the club.
When you arrive on the day, please check in with our pro — Paul Terras — in his shop. He can set you up with whatever you might need, such as a trolley or buggy for hire and range balls for our grass tee practice facility. A face covering is required for entry into the shop.
We have no doubt that golf can be a much-needed refuge of calm amid this still very anxious time. But each of us is responsible for playing the game in a way that helps ensure everyone’s safety. We’re sure you agree.
See you soon!